Westminster Abbey tour with a private London guide
A Westminster Abbey tour is one of the essential visits on your trip to London. A private Westminster Abbey tour can take 90 minutes or up to 2 hours and can be tailored to suit your itinerary, interests and your group. The Abbey can be very busy in peak tourist seasons. But if you visit with a Registered Tourist Guide like myself then we use a separate ticket office and entry gate so that you can skip the long entrance lines.
Highlights of a Westminster Abbey tour
- The 700 year old Coronation Chair
- Tombs of Queen Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots
- The exquisite fan vaulting of the Lady Chapel
- Memorials and burials to great authors in Poets’ Corner
- Learn about the coronations that have happened here for 900 years
- See the burial places of authors including Charles Dickens
- Learn about the incredible medieval Gothic architecture
- See where a royal wedding took place in 2011
The reign of Queen Elizabeth II had a ceremonial start here in 1953 at the last coronation. And the next coronation will be broadcast to us on our TV screens from the Abbey. A visit to the Abbey will give you an insight into what it might be like to attend the next that next historic coronation event.
What other things can you tour in the area?
Westminster Abbey tour can be included as part of a half day London tour. After a 90 minute or 2 hour Abbey tour we can take a Westminster walk to see Big Ben and Parliament. If you have young children a fun option is to take a ‘royal walk’ through a London park to view Buckingham Palace. There’s plenty of things to talk about and look at on the way. Westminster Abbey tour can be included as part of a half day London tour.
Or if you choose just to do the Abbey and we can spend a leisurely few hours exploring its history and architecture in depth.
Read more testimonials